Camping
This is my nephew, Isaiah. We went camping this past week, and it was his very first time. We had a lot of fun. Isn't he adorable. :c)We had an interesting time on the way there. The hose for the radiator burst, but thanks to the duct tape and electrical tape that dad brought, we were able to get back on the road and finish our 6-hour journey. I had a good time with my family. Everyone went swimming in the lake, and I got to play Settlers of Catan (an awesome game) and Scrabble with my Aunt and sister. I love Scrabble. I also got a lot of reading done in a book on Amy Carmichael. She was an amazing person.
The trip home was very hot, but we made it - and thankfully we could all take showers when we got home. :c)
Here is a poem from the book I'm reading (Amy Carmichael of Dohnavur)...
Many crowd the Saviour's Kingdom,
Few receive His Cross,
Many seek His consolation,
Few will suffer loss,
For the dear sake of the Master,
Counting all but dross.
Many sit at Jesus' table,
Few will fast with Him
When the sorrow-cup of anguish
Trembles to the brim--
Few watch with Him in the garden
Who have sungthe hymn.
Many will confess His wisdom,
Few embrace His shame,
May, should He smile upon them,
Will His praise proclaim;
Them, if for a while He leave them,
They desert His name.
But the souls who love Him truly
Whether for woe or bliss,
These will count their truest heart's blood
Not their own, but His;
Savior, Thou Who thus hast loved me,
Give me love like this.
Author Unknown

1 Comments:
That's a good poem. What a challenge to have that kind of love.
As far as the camping trip...YEAH we had fun! Isaiah adorable? NO...he's irrisistably the CUTEST baby ever!!!!!!!!!!
Love you sis, HJ
Post a Comment
<< Home